Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Next Big Thing


Thanks to my writing friend, Sheila F. Flaherty, for "tagging" me to participate in The Next Big Thing--a way for writers to discuss and promote their work-in-progress by answering a series of questions about an upcoming project. 

I met Sheila in 2010 at The Lakeside Writing Studio in Chicago. She is an intelligent and caring writer who crafts beautiuflly descriptive sentences that become powerful and emotional stories of struggle, hope, and inspiration. Learn more about Sheila and her writing by visiting her website


My Tag Questions/Answers:

What is the working title of the book?

Artists.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I typically wait until a bunch of related thoughts, ideas, and questions reach a level where I don't want to deal with them anymore and then start writing. 

What genre does your book fall under?

Absurdist/surrealistic fiction.

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

I would cast Diego Luna as the lead and Scarlett Johansson and Tom Hardy as the supporting cast.

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

Through a series of unfortunate events a common man is transformed into an artist.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

Still working on the first draft, but it will probably take about a year to complete.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Society and various people in my life.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

If you have an interest in books that explore various aspects of society, relationships, art, work, and what it means to be human in a way that's not too serious and borderline soap opera like then your interest might be piqued. 

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Probably self-published because my last book was denied representation by pretty much every agent I could think of. 

My tagged writers for next week are:

TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment